Hotel in the heart of the Les Rousses ski resort in the French Jura
The La Darbella is in the village of Prémanon, one of the 4 villages surrounding the Les Rousses ski resort in the French Jura. Our hotel is the only hotel on the ski resort with a ski lift a few meters away that takes you to the top of Les Rousses with access to the other areas including the adjoining Swiss part 'Pic de la Dole'. Very close to the Swiss border and 35 minutes from Geneva, you can benefit from a border ski resort with one the most spectacular views over the whole Alps mountain range above Geneva, and the Léman valley opposite the Mont-Blanc.
The les Rousses ski resort is well renowned for its cosy atmosphere and very welcoming for families. It is one of the centres for cross-country (langlauf) skiing with approximately 200 km of marked tracks throughout fir tree forests. If you prefer downhill (alpine) skiing or downhill resorts, Les Rousses offers access for downhill skiing as well as snowboarding and sledging.
In the Spring and Summertime, the resort evolves into a Summer outdoor activities centre with marked GR trails, national GR trails, and marked trails for rambling and hiking in exceptionally beautiful and natural surroundings; the surrounding lakes are also available for swimming. Many activities are available for families or groups throughout the year and in all seasons.
How to get here...
From Paris, follow A6, A39 and E60 towards Saint-Lothain. Take N5 towards D25 Prémanon.
From Geneva, take Bd Georges-Favon, Rue Terreaux du Temple and Rue de Cornavin toward Rue de Lausanne / Route 1 in Grottes - Saint-Gervais.
Take A1 towards Route Blanche Signy-Avenex. Take exit 11 Nyon and exit A1. Take Road 123 towards D415 in France. Take Rue de la Frontière towards D29.
Continue on D29. Drive towards D25 Prémanon.
From Les Rousses, take Route Royale towards N5. Continue on N5. Take D29 towards D25 Prémanon.
Turn left onto N5. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto D29.
Turn left onto D25.
Morez train station (17 mins by taxi)
Saint-Claude train station (36 mins by taxi)
You can get to our hotel from the Dole train station with the "Vroom service" on the following dates:
Shuttle timetable: 14:15 from the Dole train station.
Arrival time: Approx 16:15 at the hotel.
Return: 11:30 at the latest from the Les Rousses tourist office.
- € 19.00 per adult one way
- € 15.00 per child under 13 one way.
Bookings can be made at our hotel at least one week prior to the required date.
Main towns nearby
|Distances in km between Prémanon and:|
Winter - Ski resort activities
The Les Rousses ski resort is set over four mountains of which Les Tuffes on the French Side, and La Dole on the Swiss side, which are directly accessible from the hotel. The closest ski lift is a few meters from the hotel. Les Rousses in the Winter:
- Cross-country (langlauf) skiing over 220 km of marked trails.
- Downhill (alpine) skiing and snowboarding over 50 km of trails with 34 ski lifts
- Slide park
- Snow racket tours
- Dog-sleds, ski-joëring (horse towed skiing), cani-snow rackets
- Sledge slopes for children of which one in Prémanon
- Ice skating rink in Prémanon
- The Rouxy garden in Prémanon: Indoor activities for children on Wednesday afternoons over the Christmas and February holidays from 15:00 to 18:00.
- ESF (French Ski School) in Prémanon
Ticket sales/ski passes and ski rental shops nearby.
Depending on your needs or requirements we also offer all-inclusive package holidays that include the hotel, ski passes, ski rental and any other services that you may require. The hotel also offers a ski room with a ski-boot dryer.
Summer - Outdoor and mountain activities
In the Summertime, the Les Rousses resort is a paradise for lovers of the outdoors, mountains, and nature trails. Ramblers, hikers, cyclists, mountain bikers, motorcyclist, water-sports, or whoever might be keen to take a rest on the shores of the French Jura lakes, with all these activities available nearby the La Darbella hotel. La Darbella has the "Cyclists Welcome", and "Motorcyclists Welcome" standards with a small workshop and basic tools for small repairs or maintenance, private parking, and clothes drying facilities.
Les Rousses in the Summer:
- Hiking and rambling: GR and marked trails throughout the Haut-Jura with starting points at Prémanon
- 18 hole golf course 6 km away, Golf du Mont Saint-Jean (18 holes, par 72 over 6008 m) and Golf du Rochat (18 holes, par 71 over 5523 m)
- Water sports on the Lac des Rousses (6 km) and Lamoura (3 km), swimming, pedaloes, boats, canoes, kayaks, sailing, paddling, angling.
- Cycling and mountain biking
- Climbing, canyoning, via-ferrata
- Adventure at Fort des Rousses: 2 giant zip-lines, underground circuit, climbing, orienteering.